Strathearn RDA at Crieff Hydro Riding Centre
At Crieff Hydro, we’re proud to be the host venue for the Strathearn Riding for the Disabled Association (Strathearn RDA) group’s riding sessions.
What’s Strathearn RDA?
The Riding for the Disabled Association is a voluntary organisation dedicated to making a real and lasting difference to the lives of disabled people. The Strathearn RDA group organises regular horse riding lessons in Perthshire at the Crieff Hydro Riding Centre, where young people of all ages and abilities can develop horse-riding skills and increase their physical activity.
Who takes part in Strathearn RDA sessions?
Currently, most of Strathearn RDA’s riders come from local schools, although riders who are not in mainstream education are welcome to join the group too.
What to expect
- Horse riding in the safe environment of Crieff Hydro Riding Centre’s outdoor and indoor riding arenas
- Stimulating and engaging riding sessions, where riders develop confidence and trust
- Ponies specially selected to match the abilities and requirements of their riders
- Lessons tailored to rider ability including pony club games, exercises on horseback or jumping
- Fully trained volunteer assistants
What are the benefits of riding?
During sessions, riders develop improved motor skills, muscle strength and coordination, which in turn improves their physical health. Working with the Strathearn RDA’s fully trained volunteers also helps to promote the mental well-being and self-esteem of riders as they foster relationships and make new friends.
Keen to find out more?
Strathearn RDA is keen to encourage new members to come along and experience the benefits horse riding can bring. If you know a young person who would benefit from learning how to ride, or if you are interested in volunteering with the Strathearn Riding for the Disabled Association group in Perthshire (full training provided), just contact us to find out more.